Friday, November 4, 2011

Grandma's Bread Pudding

This has to be my favorite recipe, my Grandma Class' bread pudding. So simple and easy to make anyone can do it. I enjoy this so much more after it has chilled in the fridge overnight.


 Ingredients
  • 6-8 slices of bread (more if you want it thicker)
  • 2 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 4 eggs, beaten2 cups milk
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • a pinch of nutmeg

Break bread into small pieces in a 8" baking pan and drizzle melted butter over bread.

Next combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla & nutmeg. Beat until well mixed then pour over bread & lightly push down w/ a fork until the bread is covered & soaking up the egg mixture.

Bake at 350 for 45 mins or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never had bread pudding until recently and I found taht I really enjoy it. I'm excited to have this recipe, it sounds so easy to make, so that's a plus:) We make this at my work for dessert and they top it with caramel. It takes it from awesome to out of this world. You should try it, if you haven't already.

Post a Comment