Friday, December 30, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

I was up late last night talking to my dad on the phone for an hour and a half about cooking, recipes, etc. After I got of the phone I went on a recipe hunt, not looking for anything in particular just really looking. That's when I ran into this delicious dish on Full Bellies, Happy Kids.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my slow cooker so I'm willing to try anything in it. It saves me a ton of time making supper since I'm always busy with our almost 10 month old daughter. There was no problem at all throwing this dish together unplanned since I knew I had everything on hand. The only difference in my is that I used regular spaghetti sauce (we only use Prego in this house) instead of the marinara.



The chicken was fall apart tender, you will not need a knife with this. Slow cooked chicken is about the only chicken I can stand to eat anymore and this is amazing. This will for sure make it to your own recipe box! Thank you, Full Bellies, Happy Kids


Ingredients

  • 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 Tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 Tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp. oil
  • egg, beaten
  • 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
  • 1 jar (28 oz) favorite marinara sauce

Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of the crockpot stoneware. In a medium bowl, beat egg.  In second medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, spices, and grated Parmesan cheese all together.

Dip chicken in beaten egg and then toss into bread crumb mixture to coat completely on both sides.  Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot.  Place a layer of mozzarella slices on top of breaded chicken breasts.  Cover cheese layered chicken with entire jar of sauce.

Place lid of crockpot securely on and turn heat to LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.  Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.  



HAPPY EATS! :)

1 comment:

MiniMoe said...

This sounds AWESOME! Defiantly on my to-make list!

Post a Comment