Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Easy Homemade Donuts

These are so simple to make. You could easily make these w/ the kiddos. Have them stretch out the dough, you fry them and have them cover them in the mixture of their choice! I just wish my baby girl was old enough to enjoy making these w/ me.


I got this idea early this morning from my mother-in-law. I had a small roll of biscuits that I needed to use up. She told me how she used to make donuts for the boys. This obviously was my first attempt at them, that's why they don't look so beautiful. The sugar and cinnamon ones are so good. I did some w/ powdered sugar, but if you're not going to eat them right away I wouldn't do it. The sugar is now all moist and clumpy. If you don't have the biscuits on hand I don't see why you couldn't mix together some biscuit mix (if you have that) and make these.



Ingredients

  • 10 biscuits (I had the small 10 biscuits roll on hand so that's what I used, you can use the larger biscuits) 
  • deep fryer or a large pot with frying oil
  • toppings of your choice (sugar cinnamon, powdered sugar, etc.)
Preheat oil to 400. Pierce a hole in the center of the biscuit w/ your finger and stretch out the biscuit to the size of your liking. Place biscuit in oil (they cook VERY quick so you'll want to watch closely). When you see the side down browning to the shade of your liking, flip over and let it cook on the other side. Remove from oil and top with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!

HAPPY EATS! :)

1 comment:

Little Sister said...

I've made these before, only baked! :P I should try them fried though.

Post a Comment