Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Ah, Snickerdoodles. The staple of Christmas, right? So, it will be a complete shocker when I tell you, this is another goodie that is going in the tin that I am making family members for Christmas. *GASP*

This great recipe was found at Country Momma Cooks.




I didn't have the butter flavored Crisco, so I just subtracted 2 Tbsp from the cup of Crisco and added in 2 Tbsp of stick butter. I've never had the butter flavored Crisco, so I don't really know if that compares at all to it or not. I'll have to get some the next time I'm out and try it. No complaints on this recipe at all. Simple and easy. Would be a super fun one to do with the kiddos!


Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter
For topping
  • 1/4 c. sugar 
  • 1tbs. cinnamon   

Combine last 2 ingredients and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl cream together shortening and sugar. Then add 2 eggs and vanilla. In  a separate bowl combine flour, soda, salt and cream of tarter. Now add dry to wet ingredients one cup at a time.

Shape dough into 1" balls roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on  a ungreased cookie sheet (do not press flat). Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.

HAPPY EATS! :)

1 comment:

MiniMoe said...

These were AWESOME!!!
Loved them! ^_^

Post a Comment