Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oats & 'Naner Drops

I'm determined to find better cookies, snacks, what have you for my baby girl to have. 
I've always opted for the Gerber snacks in the baby isle for her, 
but she is almost 15 months so I'm running out of choices. 
I feel as if I could make something more nutritional for her than what those provided too. 
So, I Googled "Healthy cookies for children" and that's when I found a butt load of recipes. 
Yes, I did say a butt load! 


Needless to say, these were a hit.
Karleigh loved them!




Adapted From: Wholesome Baby Food

What you'll need...
  • 1 cup quick oats (I used whole grain)
  • 1 cup ground oats (just grind your oats up to make a coarse oat flour)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 cup overripe bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp oil of choice (I used coconut)

What you'll do...
  1. Preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Combine all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
  3. In another smaller bowl combine your wet ingredients
  4. Mix your wet into your dry.
  5. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased baking sheet. 
  6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment