Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mexican Stir Fry

I don't really care for Mexican food at all. Just not my kinda taste, ya know.
But for some reason when I found this, something told me I had to try it. 
It actually wasn't bad at all. 


I could of lived without the cilantro in it, but I decided to throw it in there anyway. 
Next time I will be sure to leave it out. 
My own personal taste, I don't care for it at all. 
I also used a 4 oz can of green chillies instead of 7. 
I don't care much for heat as the food that produce the heat don't care for me as well either. 
But this was actually quite pleasing. 
Even the little one ate it up! 




Adapted From: Oxygen Magazine 

What you'll need

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 16 oz lean turkey breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 7oz can sweet green chillies, drained
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 tsp minced jalapeno, optional (I left this out)
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 2 cups cooked rice

What you'll do...
  1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat your oil, add your turkey, saute until cooked though (about 7 minutes); remove and set aside. 
  2. Return your pan to heat and add your garlic, onion, sweet chillies, red pepper, jalapeno, tomato sauce and chili powder. Cook until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
  3. Add your cilantro and return you cooked turkey to the pan; simmer for 2 to 3 minuted until heated through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment