Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Overnight Teething Biscuits

I'm going to admit that I, yes I actually love these! 
Karleigh loves them as well. 
Rocky loves them too! 
I personally think the batter taste better than the biscuit itself! 



As you can see I did them all in the letter "K" for Karleigh
She doesn't realize it, but I think it's super cute. 
The original recipe calls for a whole cup of sugar and I did not like that. 
I replace it with a cup of 100% organic maple syrup. 
You could also use honey (if your child if over a year old), apple sauce or bananas. 
I think next time I will try the apple sauce. 
Give it a go and let me know what your little tike thinks of them. 



Adapted From: Wholesome Baby Food

What you'll need...
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar (you can use maple syrup, honey, apple sauce or bananas as well)
  • 2 to 2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • Dash of cinnamon

What you'll do...
  1. Break your egg in a bowl and stir them until they are nice and creamy.
  2. Stir in your sugar (or whatever you have choose to use). 
  3. Gradually add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
  4. Roll your dough out between 2 sheets of lightly floured (don't forget to flour it, or you will have a mess like I did!) wax paper to about 3/4" thick. 
  5. Cut into a round shape, or whatever shape you choose.
  6. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
  7. Let them stand overnight for 10 to 12 hours.
  8. Bake at 350 until they are browned and hard (mine was about 18 minutes)



No comments:

Post a Comment