Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chicken Nuggets Part II

So, towards the end of my homemade chicken nugget batch Karleigh started to not care for them so much. I'm bound and determined to find one that she likes that is not fried, but baked. I will admit that I will get her chicken nuggets when we are out and it's lunch time or something, but I hate doing it. I refuse to buy a bag of frozen chicken nuggets, when I can make them myself and know exactly what is in it. 




I have a couple of nugget recipes saved just in case she doesn't like one or gets tired or one, etc. I have plenty of friends with little ones, so if she doesn't like a batch one of them will end up with it. 

This recipe that I found didn't have any measurements with it so I just winged it. It was some winging that I did because these are about thee best chicken nuggets I have ever had! I will have to double the recipe because I know I will be eating them with her every time. She was being miss picky butt and wouldn't eat them unless I gave it to her on a fork with a very little bit of ketchup. She likes them though, so it's a keeper.... for now! 





Adapted from: Goodness Gracious


What you need...
  • 1 lb chicken breast (I went for organic)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs (They used Panko Break Crumbs, but I noticed Karleigh doesn't do well with them so I prefer not to use them)
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Whisk your eggs in a mediums bowl and set aside. Cut up your chicken, place in the eggs and let them soak for a minute. Combine your bread crumbs, garlic powder and cheese in a large Ziploc bag. Toss your chicken in the bag, zip it up and give it a good shaking. Place chicken on your prepared cookie sheet and give them a good spray as well. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment