Monday, November 25, 2013

Slow Cooked Beef Tips & Gravy with Noodles



Today it is a nasty 29 degrees here in South-eastern Indiana. My poor hubby has to work out in it too as he is a construction worker. I do have to say that I love the winter. I love the snow and the holidays that it brings. I love everything about it, except that he has to work out in it and always comes home cold.



Today I've got one of our favorites in the Crock Pot, beef tips & gravy. This was a simple recipe that I just threw together since I couldn't find one that would match out taste buds. We don't like mushrooms in our house and just about every recipe I've ever came across has them in it. However, you can very easy add mushrooms to this if that's what your taste buds prefer. Simply switch out the cream of chicken for a cream of mushroom & toss some extra mushrooms in there.



A super simple, no fuss dinner for any busy person! 

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs Stew meat
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 2 packets brown gravy mix
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 packet onion soup mix
  • 2 Tbsp flour
Toss your meat in the crockpot. Next mix together the cream of chicken, brown gravy mix, onion soup mix and water. When that is all well combined, pour on top of the stew meat and give it a little stir. Set on low for 8 hr or high for 4 hours [cooking times will vary]. If gravy is not thick enough to your liking simply add 2 Tbsps or more to thicken to your liking. Serve over noodles. 






No comments:

Post a Comment