Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Potato Soup


This is a golden little gem. My husband swears this is the best potato soup he has ever had and that makes me feel golden. I can't take all the credit for as I found it a couple years ago in a Taste of Home magazine, but it has become part of my recipe box for sure.

It is a really quick throw together recipe that would be great after a busy, cold day. It comes together in just 30 minutes. We like to add Ritz crackers to ours, it seems to give it an extra little zing. My husband found that out when he took some left overs to work and wanted something to thicken it up and it was all he had in his lunch box. I give him major credit for that!




Adapted from; Taste of Home

Ingredients
  • 6 cups water
  • 7 tsp chicken bouillon granules
  • 16 oz cream cheese, cubed
  • 32 oz frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 2 to 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham 
  • 1/2 c chopped onion
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dill weed
In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese, cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment