Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gone-All-Day Stew

This was found in Taste-of-Home magizine I bought a little while ago. As I was thumbing through it while sitting next to my husband, he pointed out that it looked good.Once again something new I didn't really care for, but my husband liked. Wasn't bad, just didn't WOW me.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 lbs), cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz )condensed tomato soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup water or red wine (I used water)
  • 2 tsp beef bouillion granules
  • 3 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 bay leaf (I used 2)
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
  • 6 medium onions,quartered (didn't use)
  • 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-1/2 inche chunks
  • 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
  • 12 large fresh mushrooms (didn't use)
  • 1/2 cup celery, cut into 1 inche slices
  • Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
Place flour in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.

In large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato soup, water, bouillon, and seasonings; pour over beef. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and celery.

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve w/ egg noodles if desired.


**Side note :: I ended up adding 1 cup of beef broth (1 tsp beef bouillon granules & 1 cup boiling water) into it because it did not have enough liquid for my personal liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment