Saturday, November 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Oats & Chocolate Chip Cookies

My brother-in-law lived w/ us a few years back and one day he brought home these cookies from a friends house. I tried one and ended up eating all of them before he got any! I wanted the recipe but never got it. Come to find out one of my friends worked at the school w/ the woman who made these and I BEGGED her to get the recipe for me! I had forgotten that I had it till now when I was flipping through a cooking magazine and saw some oatmeal cookies. I rummaged through my little pieces of paper and found it. I realized I had everything on hand, so here they are. Now I'm trying to stop myself from eating all of them!



Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups oats
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 sticks blue bonnet margirne
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; set aside. In a large bowl mix butter & peanut butter till smooth. Beat in sugar, then eggs & vanilla till blended.  Beat in flour mixture just till blended. Stir in chocolate chips.


On ungreased sheets, drop by level TABLESPOONFULS. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. (Her recipe says 13 minutes, but the best ones came out in 10 to 11 minutes in my oven. Remember all oven vary so keep an eye on your food.)


HAPPY EATS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment