Monday, January 9, 2012

English Beef Pot Pie


Short, sweet and right to the point. This is a hearty slow cooker meal that is sure to please! My husband and my 10 month old loved it!



My husband could hardly go back for seconds for this because the first was "so filling" as he said! This is a very hearty meal that is sure to warm you up in the cold! 
  
Trying to save on as much money as we can so we can splurge for our daughters up coming 1st birthday party. If you are following me on Facebook, I'm sure you've heard me talk about this a couple times already! It's not till March, but I'm crazy when it comes to planning and have to have everything done way before hand! I was flipping through my Crock-Pot book I got from my mother that is copyrighted 1975 when I found this. I had pretty much all but 2 things on hand so I knew this one would save us some moo-la! 

This is my 10 month olds bowl of English Beef Pot Pie after
we cut everything up finer for her.
I know I'm a dork, but I just had to share this with you,
I thought it was too cute!




Ingredients
  • 2lb. beef round steak, cut into 1" cubes
  • 3 Tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3 medium carrots, pared and sliced 
  • 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (I diced mine)
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced 
  • 1 can (16oz) whole tomatoes (I cut these up)
  • Biscuit Topping (below)
Place steak cubes in slow cooker. Combine flour, salt and pepper, toss with steak to coat thoroughly. Stir in remaining ingredients except Biscuit Topping and mix thoroughly. Cover an cook on low for 7 to 10 hours

One hour before serving, remove meat and veggies from slow cooker (leave the liquid behind) and pour in to a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Preheat over to 425. Cover meat mixture with Biscuit Topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Biscuit Topping
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup milk
Mix dry ingredients. cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add milk all at one time, stir well. Pat our on floured board, roll out to cover baking dish. 

Happy Eats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment