Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

Finally after a little over a month, I am back! I can not express how much I have missed blogging about food! I want to personally thank everyone who has hung on and waited for me to return! I want to welcome all the new viewers as well!

I can not wait to share this next recipe with you, it was so delicious it will be on our regular menu. So with out further ado, I present to you Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos.


The best part about this recipe is that it only calls for three, yes only THREE ingredients! How simple is that?  This is a great slow cooker recipe for the very busy person! I wasn't too sure of how it was going to turn out with just the three of them, but you won't be sorry! 



Ingredients

  • 1 envelope of taco seasoning (we only use Ortega in this house)
  • 6 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 - 16oz jar of salsa (I used Tostitos Mild)

Dump in salsa and taco seasoning, give it a stir. Add in chicken. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hour or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When it is done, shred chicken with a fork. 

I served it with soft taco shells, but if you prefer the hard ones go ahead for it. Serve with your favorite taco toppings as well! 


HAPPY EATS! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment