Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coleslaw Mix

I have had this recipe saved way before I ever thought about having a blog of any sort to store all my recipes. So, I can not tell you where I found it however I do want to say it may have came from All Recipes.

If you like/love KFC's coleslaw you're going to want to save this recipe. When I told Justin I was making my own coleslaw mix he only had one request, that I either make it taste like his mothers (which I do not like) or KFC's. This recipe nailed KFC's on the head!


This does call for a bag of pre-made coleslaw, but if you want to make your own by all means go for it. I have to put it in a processor because the hubs likes it basically minced up. It doesn't bother me how it is, but I guess I will please him! 


What you're gonna need....
  • 16 oz bag coleslaw mix 
  • 2/3 c. Miracle Whip (make sure you use Miracle Whip and not Mayonnaise)
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • ½ c. white sugar
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. poppy seeds

What you're gonna do...

Combine the slaw mix and onion in a large bowl.

Whisk together the Miracle Whip, veggie oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; bled thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over slaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment