Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nutella Banana Bread

I have this crazy new chocolate obsession and it's called Nutella! I've seen all the commercials for it, but had never tried. I knew my sister liked it, but she failed to tell me how amazingly, chocolaty good it is. I am still slightly mad at her for that. I think I might forgive her if she gives me an Easter basket filled with nothing but Nutella goodness! 


After tasting it I knew I had to find something to make with it, but what? I'm not so great at making stuff on up on my own when it comes to recipes so I go on a hunt to take out of other peoples boxes and maybe alter them to my own liking. As soon as I saw the picture of this bread on The Hungry Dudes blog I knew I had found what I was going to be baking.

I did alter some things to try to make it "skinny" since I'm on that whole kick. I think I may have done alright, I don't really know! I'm still new at this whole game so if you know more than I do, feel free to leave a comment of what I could of done better or what I should have done. I would greatly appreciate it so I would know better in the future.  


I love the gooey center! Pure yumminess! 

This smelled so amazing as it was baking I couldn't wait to dive into it and now I can not stop eating it! I've already had 3 slices! It didn't come out as amazing looking as the recipe I went off of, but I don't mind one bit because the taste is WOW! 


Adapted from: The Hungry Dudes

What you're gonna need...
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup wheat flour
  • 1 Tbsp milled flax seed
  • 3/4 Tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 Tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup Splenda sugar blend
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3  large bananas
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Nutella

What you're gonna do...
  1. Preheat your oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, flax seed, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer at at medium speed until blended. Add in your eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in your banana, milk and vanilla, beat until blended. 
  4. Add your flour mixture to the banana mixture, beat at a low speed just until flour is incorporated, be sure not to over mix. 
  5. Using a fork blend in your Nutella. 
  6. Pour into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment