Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saucy Beef Patties



I seriously do not remember where I got this recipe, I think it was online some where. I've been making these for quite some time and they are one of our favorites. I double the sauce, since we like ours smothered and on our taters as well. However I didn't have enough taters so I just made some rice this time and smothered it with the sauce. It was just as good if not better!

This recipe below IS NOT doubled.

Brown the patties, as you can see I made two smaller ones instead of 4 equal. They are your patties make them the size you want! 


Remove patties, drain fat and toss in remaining ingredients. 


Toss them back in for 10 minutes.

I flip mine half way through. 





This recipe below IS NOT doubled.

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 c soft bread crumbs [I use Italian for more flavor]
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 8 oz tomato sauce
  • 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard

Combine egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper in a bowl. Crumble beef over mixture & mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Brown in large skillet. Remove, drain grease & set aside. 

In the same skillet, combing remaining ingredients. Return patties to skillet & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment