Monday, November 4, 2013

Slow Cooker Steel Cut Eggnog Cranberry Oatmeal


I have been trying my hardest to get the up all day long, but having two little ones running around makes it a little hard sometimes. Today just happens to be one of those days.

I had a big bowl of this for breakfast this morning and have been dying to tell you about it, finally I have a chance to. This is beyond scrumdidlyumptious! With the flavor of eggnog that I used it gave this a TON of flavor. I did load up more on the cranberries in mine, but it is totally up to you how much you put in. Personally I love them, so the more the better. 

This would be perfect to make overnight to have ready for Thanksgiving morning or Christmas Eve. 

Your star ingredients. 

Throw it all in a crockpot, give it all a stir, set on low and cook for 5 hours [time will vary]. 

This is what is looks like when it's done. 




Adapted from: The Yummy Life



Ingredients:

  • 2 c eggnog
  • 2 c water
  • 1c uncooked steel cut oats
  • 1/2 c dried cranberries [craisins]
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds [I used flax]
Cast the inside of a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all of the ingredients and cool on low for 5 hours or until oats are cooked & softened and edges have browned. Times may very.



No comments:

Post a Comment