Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chicken & Dumplings

I've been making this so long I don't even remember where I found the recipe. When someone new tries it they always say it is the best Chicken and dumplings they have ever had! I actually just packed an extra for my husband to take to a co-worker tomorrow at work since he likes it so much!

Ingredients
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I actually put them in half frozen still)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 32 oz chicken broth
  • 2 (10 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
  • 2 cans of mixed veggies, drained

Place the chicken, butter, soup, & veggies (drained) in a slow cooker. Fill with enough chicken broth to cover everything. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. (My slower cooker is newer so I cook it on low for this amount of time. You may have to adjust time for your slow cooker)


About 2 hours before serving, tear/cut chicken & place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker (I flatten the biscuit  out and just start randomly tearing and dropping it in). Push dough under liquid. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (I stir it through out the 2 hours to break up the dough, it tends to all stick together at the top if you don't.)


HAPPY EATS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment