Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chicken Mozzarella

This was found in a little cook book that my mother-in-law bought me called Campbell's Casseroles.

I didn't at all plan for this meal, it was just one of those "I have everything on hand and I don't feel like making anything else" meals. I didn't have the rotini like the recipe calls for, but noodles are noodles in my eyes.

 I don't know if it was the chicken itself or if I'm getting burnt out on chicken, but I couldn't eat it. I ate the noodles and the sauce though. My husband actually requested the sauce for a spaghetti sauce, which actually wouldn't be bad at all (Prego just might have been replaced!).


Ingredients
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed  Tomato Soup (Regular or Healthy Request)
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano leaves, crushed
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 cups corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini), cooked w/o salt and drained
 Place the chicken in a 11"x8" shallow baking dish. Stir the soup, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl. Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken.

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken. Serve w/ the pasta.

HAPPY EATS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment